Saturday, June 28, 2008

I C Money

Last night I got to deal the $5K 6-handed event. The players were already in the money so the play was very slow. Some of the familiar faces that I dealt to included Ryan Daut, Alex Jacob, JJ Liu, Bryn "All it takes is confidence" Kenney, Bertrand "ElkY" Grosspellier, Shannon Shorr, and my buddy Chris "Cmoney3" Kline. I got to CMoney's table right after the dinner break and was hoping I'd be able to get him some cards and possibly double him up, but the 30 minutes I spent at his table wasn't enough. He made a nice run though and finished 25th of 805 entries for just over $20K. Nice job, bud.

I dealt that tournament until there were 15 left and they wanted me to stay overtime but I couldn't. I got over to TI by 2:30 and the games there weren't very good and I was happy to get out of there at 7:15am.

The other night I got assigned to deal a game that I haven't dealt since dealing school. It was the $1,500 Stud Eight or better event. After a few downs, I was feeling pretty comfortable. All I can say is I was happy to not have to deal to Men 'The Master' again. After reading some other stories about him and hearing episodes about him from other dealers over at the Series, I think he ranks #1 as the worst player to deal to at the moment. The guy has no manners at the table and treats dealers like garbage. I personally don't agree with continuing to allow this guy to play in all of the events other than the fact that they want the juice out of him and 'that he makes for great TV'. He's a known cheat in tournaments and is way too verbally abusive when he's at the tables. By the end of the Series, I might just let him know what I think of him.

As the players were on break during that same event, I was at a table where David Sklansky was sitting by himself, reading a copy of Bluff magazine. He and I started talking about 2+2 (www.twoplustwo.com) and a brief conversation started in regards to beginning a 'dealer forum' on his site. I think that would be interesting if he actually goes through with it. He made a phone call about it so we'll see if it happens.

I'm working the Series on Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday and still don't know my TI schedule. Over at the WSOP, they aren't telling us our preliminary assignments anymore (Live, Tournaments or Satellites) because it appears that too many dealers were calling in sick when they were scheduled to deal live/ca$h games. That will give you an idea of where dealers prefer to be. Who wants to deal through the high limit string of tables when you are most likely to get berated and bitched at by angry players, many of whom are just grumpy degenerates? In addition to that, the money you make in the live game section is significantly less than tournaments.

Now having said that, I guess I can look forward to a nice, long string of live games over the next few shifts which will include several trips through 'The Gauntlet'...aka the string of high limit games. I'm excited. It took 2 weeks to get 6 total tournament downs and then I went back-to-back nights where I got 12 tournament downs each night. I'd guess my next entry will reflect a few evenings dealing over in the ca$h games...

No comments: